Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Survived My First Driving Lesson

Roundabouts, piece of cake!!! So I survived my first driving lesson and it was definitely easier learning from a complete stranger than trying to be taught by Neal. My lesson was a great start to the day and then I headed off on the bus to Portsmouth. What a sense of accomplishment to find my way there and back without getting lost.

My first stop was a shopping/dining/living area called Gunwharf Quay. I've been there before with Neal, but was so excited to have found it on my own. They had lots of sales on at the shops, but I didn't buy anything, even though there was a red dress that I can't stop thinking about. After having lunch, I walked through Portsmouth to a shopping center called The Cascades. I was doing my wifely duty of exchanging a gift that Neal bought for his best friend's son.

I was headed home just as the kids were getting out of school and all I could think about was Harry Potter! LOL! All the kids looked like extras from the movie with their little ties on and crisp white shirts. They were just missing those black robes and wands! I also have to mentioned the two ladies who sat just behind me on the bus ... from the smell of them, I think they spent the afternoon in the local pub ... LOL! Definitely a liquid lunch.

Well, that's it for today. I'll have another installment after my London weekend. I'm thinking about seeing "Billy Elliott" or "Sister Act" in the Westend. I saw an advert for "Sister Act" today and it looks fabulous. My friend Evan says he saw "Billy Elliott" and loved it. What's your vote?

'Til Next time ...

Glo.

No comments:

Post a Comment