Saturday, March 15, 2014

Letter to Beyonce

Dear Beyonce!

I'm watching 'BeyoncĂ© Takeover' on demand in the UK and I want to thank you for the inspiration. At this place in my life being a 47 year old woman in the music business, I no longer want to be in pursuit! I just want to enjoy the very blessed life that I'm now living. As a child I wanted your life, but I now realize that any step that would have taken me off the path of meeting my 'Jay Z' would have been the wrong path for me. Four years ago my amazing magician husband put a ring on it and now I'm drunk in love! I perform on a regular basis, and I share your attitude that you should feel what you sing about and pour the whole of yourself in every note! I've had my share of loses, but I'm learning the lessons and moving on. 

Sometimes, there's only a few people in my audience, not the adoring thousands that you perform to like the show I just experienced at the O2 in London! However, I experience what I can only imagine you do when I connect with those few people. I try to connect with each person in the room, but if just one is moved in some way, I feel like a super star! Then I get in my car and return to the arms of my man, and I feel like the richest woman in the world!

I feel like I'm performing better than I ever have, and the difference than just a few years ago is that I'm living in the moment, showing up in front of the mic, and surrendering to the flow! Going with it and not against, leaving my ego at the door! Performing for British audiences has been an education in itself! They don't like what they're told to like, they like what they want to like and they will shut you out if you're fake. I had to learn quickly to put aside what I needed from them, and to focus on what they as my audience needed from me! I try to 'see' my audience and connect. When I was at the O2 I felt like you saw me among the thousands! And I saw you ... not the superstar, but the woman.

I want to be the best at what I do, not better than anyone else, just my best! I just heard the announcer say that when you're faced with any situation, you take a step forward! I love that! I'm incorporating that philosophy into my inner dialogue. I will step forward no matter what! 

Thank you Beyonce for being fearless with your vision, your dreams, your sexuality and your life! When I watch you I see a whole woman that's not afraid to flow in her own power! I believe that this comes from a deep sense of knowing who you are! At 47 I feel like I know who I am better than I ever have, comfortable in my own skin and free to celebrate me! No apologies, I am who I am and finally, that's enough!

Thank you Beyonce for helping me see myself through your amazing life! Love you XO!

No comments:

Post a Comment