Thursday, April 23, 2009

Glo's Week in Review - Vol. 10

FEATURED PERFORMANCE

Mirrors of Desire, a dark musical comedy, is the story of one man’s journey towards forgiveness, redemption and enlightenment, written by Billy Kirchen and James Chudy.

Save the date:

Monday, May 11
LaCage
801 S. 2nd Street
Milwaukee, WI
Tickets are $20
Visit: www.mirrorsofdesire.net to purchase your ticket.

Cocktails start @ 6p; the preview starts @ 8p and then they’ll be a DJ from 9:30p until close.

I am thrilled to be a part of this preview. We’ve already had a couple rehearsals and this show promises to be an emotional journey that you don’t want to miss! Get your ticket today!

SPEAKING OF BILLY KIRCHEN …

I had a great time sitting in with Billy at The Baby Grand on Sunday, April 19th. We did a few duets, including an impromptu “The Way We Were.” Billy is an amazing Broadway singer and it’s such a pleasure to listen to him perform.

Billy and James Chudy wrote a beautiful song, “Only Love” that they asked me to take a listen to and see if I would like to sing it. At first, I wasn’t sure about the song because when I first heard the song it wasn’t in my “key” so I couldn’t really get the feel for it. Then Billy sent me an MP3 of the song in the perfect range for me, and every time I would sing it, I fell more in love with the song. Finally, I sent him an email asking if I could include it on my CD. And he said yes. Wait ‘til you hear this song. It’s awesome. I sang it twice on Sunday … LOL! (Billy made me … LOL)! I think “Only Love” is the perfect song to close out the CD. It just may become my “signature song!”

BELWAH CAFÉ SHOW UPDATE

On Friday, April 17th I had the pleasure of performing at The Belwah Café @ Beloit Inn with my Quartet! It was awesome. We started out playing outside, but as soon as the sun set it was freezing outside. So, during our first break we headed inside to finish out the night. Thankfully, they fed us ‘cause after having to set up twice for the same gig, we needed a little sustenance. Beloit is a little over an hour from Milwaukee, so it’s a bit of a drive, but the great crowd and getting to work with my Quartet made the trip totally worth it!

We made quite an impression out there, because they have already asked us back for five more dates over the course of the summer … YAY!

CD PROJECT

We are just a couple weeks from actually being in the studio. I have my core musicians all set to record the basic tracks, then we will go back in to record the guitar, vocals, cello (yes, we’re going all out here), and some funky Latin grooves courtesy of Jeff Kuliga! I have Scott Currier on Keys, Jon Matelski on Bass, and Chris Mell on Drums. Scott and I are meeting one more time before we have one or two rehearsals with the band, and then it’s on … to the studio we go! I’m getting more and more excited about the project. This is my second CD, but the first one where I’ve been this involved with selecting the musicians, and the songs, everything really. It’s fun being in charge … LOL! (And quite stressful!)

MAMN

The Milwaukee Area Musician’s Network (MAMN) will be hosting its monthly networking meeting on Tuesday, April 28th @ The Jazz Estate (http://www.jazzestate.com/).If you are a musician, venue or music professional, please plan on joining us. Our guest speakers will be Brian Sanders of The Jazz Estate and Mike Canter of Sonicjive.com (http://www.sonicjive.com/). Here are the details …

MAMN Networking Meeting
Tuesday, April 28th6p – 8p
The Jazz Estate
2423 N. Murray Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53211
(414) 964-9923
http://www.jazzestate.com/

Free pizza will be provided by Transfer Pizzeria Café (http://www.transfermke.com/) one of our sponsors. Please RSVP by Monday, April 27 by email (steph@O2Mproductions.com) or by phone (262-293-3527) if you plan on attending.

That's it for this week!

Thank you so much for your continued support. As always, I welcome your comments, thoughts and rants.

Join in the conversation!

Glo.

No comments:

Post a Comment