Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Glo's Week in Review - Vol. 4

Welcome to my new weekly newsletter providing you a quick look into what's currently happening with Gloria Miller Music!

Let's get started ...

This Friday, February 27, I’ll be performing at Bayou Cajun Restaurant and lounge. Here are the details …





Friday, February 27th @ 7 p.m.

Bayou Cajun Restaurant & Grill
2060 N. Humboldt Blvd.
Milwaukee, WI 53212
(414) 431-1511
www.bayoumilwaukee.com
Featuring Sam Steffke on Keys!

This past Saturday, February 21, I performed at Centennial Bar & Grille for the first time and it went great. It was such a pleasure performing with Hal Miller (Bass) and John Hefter (Keys). For that night we decided that we would all go by the last name “Miller” and I would introduce Hal and John as my cousins. Just to give you a slight visual, here’s a pic of John. Hal’s coloring is of a similar nature so the audience had a lot of fun with us … and trust me, we milked the whole cousin thing for laughs the entire night!

Many cities around the world have gone “smoke-free,” however, Milwaukee has not fully jumped on the band wagon with this concept so I am including a link where you can take action for smoke-free workplaces in Wisconsin. I urge you to take action and spread the word!

Click on the link below: https://secure3.convio.net/ctfk/site/Advocacy?_oo=kHJYhRPz_EhwNz6dXyAyqw..&id=325

A couple times a month I am blessed to get the opportunity to sing for the elderly and on Friday, February 20, I performed at Aurora Adult Day Center. For this center I’m usually the birthday act and we sing, dance and generally have a fabulous time. Here’s me with a couple of the birthday girls. I’ve been singing at Aurora since last summer so we have a growing list of favorites that I have to do every time I’m there. Of course, I have to do the Birthday song, and there’s no way I can leave that place without singing “Amazing Grace.” Every one in the place joins in on this one, including the staff!

On Sunday morning I went to my sister and bro-in-law’s new church, International House of Faith, where they serve as pastors. Admittedly, it had been a while since I’ve been to church and I really have no excuse. The service was so beautiful and I cried through most of it. I don’t know if that’s because I’m a heathen … LOL … or if I was just caught up in the Spirit! I choose to believe the latter. So, if you’re looking for a place of worship in the Milwaukee area, check out their website: http://www.heavensgateministries.net/.

In today’s economy there are just a few things that you can buy for under a buck. Music is one of them. Did you know that my music is available on I-Tunes? For just $0.99 you can download one of my songs. Visit: www.gloriamillermusic.com/music to download!

If you haven’t already done so, please join my Facebook Musician page: www.facebook.com/pages/Gloria-Miller-Music/9486129890. My goal is to grow this page to 1,000 fans. So far the count in 89. You can help me reach 100 fans by next week.

Well, that's it for this week.


I welcome your comments, thoughts and/or rants. Or, if you just want to give a "shout out" I'd love to hear from you.


Until next time ...

Glo!

http://www.gloriamillermusic.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment