Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Question: Does (or did) being single make you feel embarrassed or empowered?

It’s always around this time of year that being single is magnified in the light of Valentine’s Day. As I was contemplating my singleness a question flooded my thoughts… Do I feel embarrassed or empowered as a single person?

Most days I would say I feel empowered. Why? Because I’m taking care of myself, I create my own happiness, and I love the fact that I am solely responsible for how I spend my time. Admittedly, I do spend a lot of time by myself, but I rarely feel lonely. There always seems to be so much to do with working fulltime, running my music business and trying to stay connected with friends and family, that when I do have down time, I’m usually too tired to feel lonely.

Not that I never have moments of loneliness, because I do. It usually sneaks up on me and I’m always surprised at how palpable it can feel. I am very thankful that the lonely times are few and far between.

So, I ask you … Does (or did) being single make you feel embarrassed or empowered?

I welcome your comments, thoughts, and/or vents and invite you to subscribe to my weekly blog and join in the conversation!

No comments:

Post a Comment