Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

An American tradition that I have tried to maintain since moving to England is celebrating Thanksgiving. For my family, this holiday was just as big as Christmas and much effort was made for the entire family to get together.

I've been five years now in the UK and I've noticed the trend of restaurants and pubs offering a traditional Thanksgiving meal. In fact, Neal and I are headed to London to have a vegetarian Thanksgiving dinner. I'm hoping that Thanksgiving will be even more celebrated in the UK, because the essence of this day is simply giving thanks and we all have a reason to be thankful!

I have so much to be thankful for so I thought I'd take a few moments on this Thanksgiving day to express my gratitude. I'm blessed to still have both my parents, Christine & Arthur Miller who are in their early 90's. Last Sunday I celebrated being married for five years to the man of my dreams. I'm thankful to the City of Portsmouth where my business is based. The city's acceptance of me as an entertainer and business person has been amazing. Honestly, my life plan did not include moving to England and starting a business, but that is what has happened and the success of my business so far is largely due to the faith that the venue owners and companies in the Porstsmouth area have shown by booking me and many of my acts over the past two years. Special thanks to the following clients for their continued business: The Jolly Sailor, The Wine Vaults, The Piranha Bar, and Tinkers Team Rooms just to name a few.

Finally, I want to thank all of the GME Acts that I am blessed to represent! I renew my commitment to each of you to do my best to find quality work for you because you really are the best in the business and it's an honor to work for each of you.

What are you thankful for today?  

Happy Thanksgiving! 

Gloria Miller Entertainment


No comments:

Post a Comment