Friday, December 13, 2013

GME Week In Review - 13 December 2013

Opus 20 Next Show
This week started with a dream-come-true performance in Bournemouth Square with Opus 20 Jazz Orchestra. I had the priviledge of lending my vocals to this amazing orchestra performing some Jazz and Holiday favourites. The Orchestra formed about 3 months ago under the leadership of Mike Hopkins and 9 December was our very first public appearance. Our next concert is scheduled for 16 December at the Conservative Club in Poole.

On Wednesday I went to a Talk Network event at the Square Tower in Portsmouth and had the most amazing two hours of laughing, playing and galloping!  You must try galloping, it's quite liberating! Lisa Sturge, Creative Director of Laughlines Coaching, presented some fantastic information about laugh theraphy, the mechanics of laughter and a bit of laugh yoga!  The galloping was introduced by Robin Brinkley of Maxwell Communications and thankfully, Lisa incorporated it into her talk because we were all in hysterics after being given permission to laugh and play! I'm looking forward to attending the Visioning Workshop with Lisa in January. Please visit Laughlines Coaching website to learn more about laughter therapy!

I also had the pleasure of meeting Steve who runs the Square Tower, which is a lovely, unique venue that's available for hire, and Steve also hosts events in this venue. The Square Tower was the perfect venue for laughing and galloping, and it just may be perfect for your event too.  Visit their website to learn more about this venue or to see 'What's On!'

Talk Network Meeting
After a couple hours of laughter, I headed just up the road to the Cathedral Innovation Center to discuss office space and hot desking. I had a lovely chat with Francis and I'm happy to announce that I have secured myself a bit of office space which will allow me to work a few days a week away from home and the various distractions that come with working from home. In addition to office space, they also offer mentoring and other help with growing my business. Thanks to Lee of Addo Accounting for recommending me to Francis!!

Earlier this year I put together a Diana Ross tribute show and have performed Supremely, Diana Ross a few times around Portsmouth. Next summer this show will be hitting the high seas on the cruise ship circuit, and yesterday I had a meeting with Tommy Bond of Upstairs At Eric's Studios and Grahame Laurence of writemusic.co.uk who will be working with me to get orchestra charts and professional backing tracks done. My last public performance of Supremely, Diana Ross is on Saturday, 14 December at The Jolly Sailor in Southsea. 'Move On Up' party band will be joining me bringing you two shows in one ... Diana Ross Tribute for the first set, and upbeat party set for the second set featuring the best in Soul, Funk & Rock music!

Kathy Fitchett - Food Fiend Exp.
Tonight, I am so looking forward to spending an amazing evening at 'Food Fiend Experience' where Kathy Fitchett will be laying out quite a spread of home cooked food. The menu is a surprise, but I'm m not worried because I've enjoyed Kathy's cooking before and I know tonight's meal will be fabulous. Just hope I can still fit in my slinky Diana Ross dress on Saturday!!

That's it for now ... 

Gloria




No comments:

Post a Comment