Friday, July 23, 2010

Stuck in the Middle

Have you ever felt like you were stuck “in the middle?”  That’s how I’m feeling these days and rightly so. Here’s why. I seem to be somewhere in the middle between …

Old & Young - I turned 44 this month and somehow that seems waaaaaayyyyyy older than 43. I find myself modifying my goals ‘cause it seems unrealistic to keep “trying” at this age. I know that’s not where my head should be … but it is!

Being a Mother & Being Childless - Trust me, Neal and I are definitely trying to rectify this one. Until I was 37 I never thought I wanted kids. Then I met Neal and something changed … I also started having night sweats. The idea that the “kid-having thing” might no longer be under my control seemed to have jump-started my internal clock. I swear, prior to that, I never heard the tick, tock!

Famous & “Who?” - Worldwide CD release, minimal sales. Wanna buy a CD?

American & British - My husband Neal is British and I just moved to the UK this month. I didn’t think I’d feel so lost during this transition period, but I am. It’s only been a couple weeks but I’m not sure where to start in order to plug myself into “this” life. I’m slowly coming out of neutral and into first gear. I guess that is a start, right?

Fat & Thin – Currently, bulge is winning. But I’m not defeated yet. Two-weeks ago I started “Body for Life” and I gained 1 pound! I’m pretty sure that 1 pound is muscle and not the nachos I ate on the cruise ship last week!

My Ego & My Self - Can’t I just be me? Why are we defined by what we do instead of who we are? Wife … daughter … sister … friend … singer … entertainer … writer … when these titles are striped away, what’s left? Me. Is that enough?

So I ask again … Have you ever felt stuck in the middle? I would love to hear about your “middle” ground or how you’ve managed to pick a side. As always, I welcome your thoughts, rants and comments!

Much love …

Glo.

No comments:

Post a Comment