Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Paddy's Pub Debut & More!



Last week was awesome. Let me tell you about it … On Friday, Jan. 23rd, I performed at Aurora Adult Day Center for their Senior guests and we had a great time. I perform there monthly, usually for the birthday celebration and singing for these wonderful people is always the highlight of my performance schedule.

On Saturday, Jan. 24th, I performed at Paddy’s Pub for the first time and what an awesome venue. It’s so eclectic and fun. There was a great crowd, the staff were fantastic and so helpful, and they had Strongbow on tap. My kind of venue! I was blessed to be working with Sam Steffke for this gig and he is an absolute wonder on the keyboard! We both seemed to feed off of each other allowing us to feel free enough to stretch and try out some new stuff. I was trying stuff vocally that I’ve never done before ... and it was working! Sam said he was trying new licks too! I can't wait to work with Sam again!
I’m scheduled to be back at Paddy’s on Saturday, March 28th. http://www.paddyspub.net/

Sunday was family dinner day and I headed out to the West Bend area to my parent’s house. My sister Chris makes a mean meatloaf, and to my surprise, she had my favorite chocolate dessert, brownies! There went the diet …

The next couple of weekends I’m not performing, but I am preparing to go into the studio to record the vocals for my debut Tate Music Group release due out later this year (http://www.tatemusicgroup.com/). I’m visiting Sound Quarry, a recording studio in Brookfield, WI this coming Thursday to discuss my project. Here’s their website if you want to check them out: http://www.soundquarry.com/.
More to come next week! Until then ...

No comments:

Post a Comment